Tuesday, December 14, 2010

And Then. . . .

There is nothing. Just silence. It’s been 2 weeks since I completed the last training class. I haven’t heard a word from the Dept. of Social Services. 

No one has reached out to me to set up a home interview. There are no “next step” instructions. Just. . . .the sound of me patiently waiting. Living.

I don’t want to complain but the quiet is disheartening.

So I’ll use this time as an opportunity to become more patient. I’ve also been productive in my condo – making it more child-friendly. There’s some painting, decorating and furnishing that I need to complete in my child’s bedroom (I no longer think of it as the guest bedroom).

Also, I’m enjoying my last bit of singlehood by hanging with friends and celebrating. In fact, despite the snow and tundra outside, I look forward to hanging with friends tonight for Drag Bingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment