Monday, September 26, 2011

We Made It Through the Weekend

I'm a talker. Maybe too much of one. But I believe in the power of words.

And so Babygirl and I talk, and talk, and talk, and talk some more. We hung around the house on Saturday, doing laundry, napping, watching TV. I helped her braid her hair. I introduced her to my boyfriend and talked to her about how good, strong, Black men show their love, respect and affection.

We went to church on Sunday and talked more about the message and how we could apply it to our lives.

Over lunch, she shared more of her story and her background. She comes from a physically abusive past. I promised her that in this house, she is safe from that. We also talked about learning how to forgive those who have hurt us.

She wants to remain with me. And I want to work with her on becoming a stronger, good person. But I don't even begin to know where to begin. She's been out of school for 3 years. She doesn't want to return to high school and start again as a freshmen. However, she can't enter GED courses until January - also her birthday month.

So today, I'll work from home and begin working DSS.

On a different note, I'm beginning to hate her dog. I didn't think I had it in me to not fall in love with a puppy. JayJay is a 4 month, yorkie-chihuahua mix. He is a terror. He chases Maxwell (my 6 yr Bichon Frise) around the house, snatches toys away from Maxwell, nips or bites at Maxwell, and pushes Maxwell out of the way when feeding. JayJay has also nipped at my fingers. I know I'm going about this the wrong way, but I've been spanking and caging JayJay. That dog will not bully Maxwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment