Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Was Fingerprinted

Two weeks ago, I was fingerprinted. Just reaching this point is an accomplishment.

I like how random and ominous the above sounds. But the truth is a lot less sinister: I’m on a journey to become a foster parent.

I’ve been celebrating and marking each step towards that goal as an accomplishment. I’m moving forward. Being fingerprinted means:

Finally, my application packet was complete and accepted. (And it only took 7 submissions.)

I can officially begin the parenting training workshops.

Motherhood is impending and this thing that I’m doing is real.

I am done with the minutiae and interaction with the rude scheduler in the county’s social services department.

I have given the county the authority to run a criminal background check on me.

I won’t be nervous that I haven’t received notice that I’ve passed the check, despite the fact that my friend and backup caregiver has already received his notification.

I have absolutely no idea where this trip will take me. I’m excited and hopeful. Completely in denial about what may or may not happen. I feel blessed and loved and supported. I don’t have any fear.

I think I’m ready for this journey.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU!!! I am so proud to know you and proud of you taking this step. I will be thinking and praying for you and the lil diva that will come into your life!!! Okay... that is all!

    ReplyDelete